Did you know that crown moulding is one of the easiest ways to add style to a room? It makes sense, after all, isn’t beauty in the details? Crown moulding is added to the junction of walls and ceilings, which helps to further a room’s architectural shape and decor.
With a diverse range of styles, choosing the right crown moulding in Ottawa for you home can be tricky. According to crown moulding installers, identifying the theme of the room in question is a good starting point to determining your perfect style. It’s also important to understand what function you want your crown moulding to serve, i.e. elongate a room, add sophistication, create clean lines, etc.
In addition, crown moulding installers and interior designers have come up with a few more tips to help you during the crown moulding decision process:
- If you’re going for a formal appearance, you might opt for ornate and decorative moulding such as common Greek revival styles.
- A modern look is all about crisp and clean lines, so it only makes sense that for a modern theme you would want your crown moulding to follow this style as well.
- If you have an oddly shaped room, crown moulding can be just what you need to create a cohesive area.
- Wider crown moulding can also be added atop kitchen cabinets to help elongate and add décor.
- If the room in question has high-ceilings and/or already features prominent moulding around windows and doors, a larger-profile moulding will add more style and not get as lost as a simpler version might.
- As a rule of thumb, add one inch of moulding width for each foot, when ceilings are ten feet or taller.
- If you’ve decided a wide crown moulding in Ottawa is the best style for your home, you might be able to save some money by asking your crown moulding installers about opting for two smaller panels instead of one thicker one.
- Your crown moulding style does not necessarily have to match your baseboards; however, if you are opting for different styles, choosing similar weights can help keep a unified look.
Crown moulding installers know what an impact this simple architectural detail can have. It can add value and character to your home while also giving it a more upscale feel. Choosing the right crown moulding in Ottawa for your home will help you further these benefits and create a room that you’ll love for years to come.